If you're tired of sound bites and if you're tired of pseudo-intellectual combat, then I hope you're not listening to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Bill O'Reilly. If you want in-depth perspective about important issues, Michael Medved and Glenn Beck aren't too bad, but if you want in-depth in conjunction with a down-to-earth, always-educational radio program, your best bet is The Right Balance with host Greg Allen. This morning's show, for example, included the following:
- Lanny Davis -Former Clinton Administration official discussed President Bush's address to the nation last night, as well as how Democrats aren't doing a good job of elucidation their position on the Iraq troop drawdown.
- Phyllis Schlafly - Eagle Forum president discussed threats to United States patents.
- Dr. Alejandor Badia - Discussed how he recently performed successful reconstructive surgery on NFL football star Terrell Owens' hand.
- Yuri Felshtinsky - Former associate of Russian intelligence expert Yuri Litvinenko, talked about the recent machinations of Vladimr Putin in a possible effort to shore up his personal 'legacy'.
- Flemming Rose - Editor of Danish newspaper told why he allowed anti-Islamic cartoons to be published in his paper.
- Sean Hannity - The Torquemada treatment. If you disagree with him, this radical Christian fundamentalist well tell you to 'get off my phone.'
- Rush Limbaugh - As a listener you are assumed to have a 'mind full of mush' and are expected not to listen to the news over the weekend, because on Monday Mr. Limbaugh will tell you what you need to know.
- Bill O'Reilly - If you disagree with him, speak fast, because as soon as he's onto you, he'll give you no quarter as his shouting diatribe continues just longer than the length of your attempted contribution to the 'conversation'.
- Michael Medved - He's a pretty good talk show host, as long as you call in to talk about something that he agrees with.
- Glenn Beck - If you don't care that your talk show is punctuated by long bouts of mindless entertainment, Glenn Beck is all right.
- Michael Savage - If we could learn to harness anger, Savage could power the entire city of San Francisco.
You can listen in to The Right Balance from 10 AM to noon (Eastern Time) weekdays on TheRightBalance.org or AccentRadioNetwork.com. Rebroadcasts are from 10 PM to midnight eastern. If your local radio station doesn't carry it, ask them why they don't.
For Utah Listeners: Tune into KNAK 540 and KHQN 1480 AM from 8 to 10 AM Mountain Time to catch the show live, and from 8 to 10 PM for rebroadcasts of The Right Balance. Don't forget to check out all the other excellent shows and events broadcast by KHQN and KNAK as well.
Rebroadcasts can be heard as well on www.iowanewstalk.com from 2-4 PM central time.
Check it out.